How can you keep your home healthy?
- Keep your house clean. Be sure to wash window sills and floors with warm water and detergent regularly. If possible, use a HEPA vaccuum on carpets.
- Keep your house free from pests, like bugs and rodents. Use baits and traps instead of harmful pesticides.
- Ensure smoke and carbon monoxide detectors have good batteries.
- Reduce asthma triggers by avoiding use of air fresheners, cleaning chemicals, and smoking indoors.
- Wash pacifiers, bottles, toys, and stuffed animals when they fall on the floor.
- Avoid and reduce mold by repairing water leaks from roofs, plumbing, drainage, etc.
- Avoid using un-vented heaters.
Learn more at NC Healthy Homes.